Part 2B – Advanced Teaching Skills for Addressing Combat- Related Issues
(Pre-requisite to take course is Part 1)
Format: 3 day training
Date: 2015 stand-alone TBA
(we are looking for a west coast yoga studio that would be interested in hosting a training,
please contact Gail Francisco @ 512-516-5031 (pacific time.)
Tuition: $495 before (does not include accommodations or meals)
Yoga Alliance CEUs: 25 contact hours
Teachers: Annie Okerlin, Robin Carnes, Lynn Stoller
1. Deepen your understanding of the U.S. military and culture and learn how to address PTSD, TBI, amputations, spinal cord injuries and combat-related stress by using sensory-based strategies, yoga and meditation to improve psychological health and help alleviate the symptoms of these conditions.
• older veterans with chronic physical illness and PTSD
• veterans and service members with MST (military sexual trauma)
• veterans and service members suffering from major physical illness, TBI, spinal cord injuries and amputations
• veterans and service members in wheelchairs
Earning your Part 2B Certificate of Completion requires participation in all training sessions and successful passage of practice teaching sessions.