Part 2B – Advanced Teaching Skills for Addressing Combat- Related Issues
(Pre-requisite to take course is Part 1)
Format: 3 day training
Mar 8, 9, 10, 2013 – Yoga Everyone in Agoura Hills, CA cancelled
Jun 21, 22, 23, 2013 - at Sundara Yoga Therapy in Austin, TX – to register, click this link
Oct 20 – 25 2013 – Omega Institute in Rhinebeck, NY – to register, click this link
Tuition: $495 (separate charge for housing and meals)
Cost includes the Part 2A course.
Yoga Alliance CEUs: 24 contact hours
Teachers: Annie Okerlin, Pat Lillis
1. Deepen your understanding of the U.S. military and culture and learn how to address PTSD, TBI, amputations, spinal cord injuries and combat-related stress by using sensory integration, yoga and meditation to improve psychological health and help alleviate the symptoms of these conditions.
• older veterans with chronic physical illness and PTSD
• veterans and service members with MST (military sexual trauma)
• veterans and service members suffering from major physical illness, TBI, spinal cord injuries and amputations
• veterans and service members in wheelchairs
Earning your Part 2B Certificate of Completion requires participation in all training sessions and successful passage of practice teaching sessions.