Part 2B – Advanced Teaching Skills for Addressing Combat- Related Issues
(Pre-requisite to take course is Part 1 and this is the only stand-alone 2B course for 2014)
Format: 3 day training
Date: Jun 20-22, 2013 (to register, look to the right side bar of this page)
Location: Willow St. Yoga, Takoma Park, MD
Tuition: $495 before (does not include accommodations or meals)
Yoga Alliance CEUs: 24 contact hours
Teachers: Annie Okerlin, Robin Carnes, Lynn Stoller, Pat Lillis
1. Deepen your understanding of the U.S. military and culture and learn how to address PTSD, TBI, amputations, spinal cord injuries and combat-related stress by using sensory-based strategies, yoga and meditation to improve psychological health and help alleviate the symptoms of these conditions.
• older veterans with chronic physical illness and PTSD
• veterans and service members with MST (military sexual trauma)
• veterans and service members suffering from major physical illness, TBI, spinal cord injuries and amputations
• veterans and service members in wheelchairs
Earning your Part 2B Certificate of Completion requires participation in all training sessions and successful passage of practice teaching sessions.