Part 2B – Advanced Teaching Skills for Addressing Combat- Related Issues
(Pre-requisite to take course is Part 1)
Format: 3 day training
Date: Jul 9-11, 2015 (thu, fri, sat)
Location: Newport Beach, CA @ Jabulani Yoga Studio
Tuition: $525, $495 early bird registration before Jul 2, 2015
To register: http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=6l6vgcfab&oeidk=a07eaezf5cwea516cc0
Yoga Alliance CEUs: 25 contact hours
Teachers: Annie Okerlin, Pat Lillis
This is our only stand-alone Part 2B course for 2015.
At this course, you will:
1. Deepen your understanding of the U.S. military and culture and learn how to address PTSD, TBI, amputations, spinal cord injuries and combat-related stress by using sensory-based strategies, yoga and meditation to improve psychological health and help alleviate the symptoms of these conditions.
• older veterans with chronic physical illness and PTSD
• veterans and service members with MST (military sexual trauma)
• veterans and service members suffering from major physical illness, TBI, spinal cord injuries and amputations
• veterans and service members in wheelchairs
Earning your Part 2B Certificate of Completion requires participation in all training sessions and successful passage of practice teaching sessions.